Monday, July 2, 2012

Telegigging, Stageit, & Cafe Racers

I was happy to read Lanier's chapter 8 where he talks about options for musicians to make music on-line by giving "live" virtual concerts that people will actually pay for. 
In fact, there is a platform that offers this very service, it's called Stageit.


I checked it out, and signed up about 6 months ago.
I signed up as an artist so that I could take advantage of this great service and start inviting family and friends to on-line live concerts...
BUT ALAS - Stageit never got back to me to let me know that my request was accepted - I get the feeling they only set up artists who already have a following - I'm not sure what their criteria are for signing up artists, I'll have to revisit this website now that I'm in a band and we have a set list and everything :) (Check out CAFE RACERS - we're recording new versions of these demos).


I'll keep you all posted and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a live on-line concert sometime this fall - with the option to tip on-line if you like what you see and hear...

JML
19


No comments:

Post a Comment