Wednesday, July 4, 2012

july 4th

Minjoo Jung blog 21
I wrote a blog about this before few days ago saying that my family never celebrates it. Today for the first time, I convinced my parents to have a bbq outside instead of just staying home in our ACed home. Even though it was very hot outside, it was nice spending time with my whole family just talking and hanging out; something we never do because we are so busy living our own lives. I found out about Korea's independence day as well which is on March 1st. My dad told me lots of story about his younger days and how he lived his life. Usually, these kind of stories bore me to death but today it was actually interesting because I have not had a deep conversation with him for a very long time. After dinner, we all went to a nearby park to watch fireworks. The weather was ridiculously humid and hot and it attracted many mosquitoes but despite that, I had lots of fun today having pleasant conversations and learning new things about history and their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment