Monday, July 2, 2012

immigration

Minjoo Jung blog #13
I was reading a article on immigration for my other class and I just thought it was pretty interesting to know that everyone migrates to the United States for the same reason; to have better opportunities and lives. My parents came to the U.S for a better life as well. They wanted me and my sister to grow up in an environment with diversity instead of just living in an area filled with only Koreans. They wanted us to get lots of different experiences from different people. Many people come here for better opportunities but it is not always like that. On my way to the city for class, I see many homeless people begging for change because they are hungry. I dont know understand why they came here if they are going to live their life like that. Obviously not all of them are immigrants but most are and for them to come to another country and live in the street is a wonder for me. I am pretty sure there are many jobs out here as in odd jobs. They can wash cars and other things instead of just sitting in the streets. I always feel bad so I give them a dollar or so but i stopped because of an incident that happened to me. I gave this man food and he yelled at me saying, "I dont need this. i need money to buy weed." I just stood there in shock and after that, I try not to give them money because I feel like many of it goes to drugs and alcohol. But my point of this story was that many people come to the United States for a better life because they are unsatisfied with their own country but many people get lazy. They should realize that they can and is capable of doing something with their lives instead of giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment