Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Copyright holders are trying to steal our property rights

Minjoo Jung blog # 6
http://act.demandprogress.org/letter/first_sale/

I think this is absolutely ridiculous and absurd. If I buy an object then I can legally say that it is owned by me.  Why? Because I paid for it with my money that I earned. So whatever I do with that object, I have the right to do it. So how are the copyright holders going to stop us from selling our items that we bought? I have sold many textbooks, clothes and other items that I dont use anymore to my friends or other people through amazon or facebook and for them to try to ban us from doing that is not fair. If this really does happen, then every time we try to sell an item, we have to ask the copyright holders for their permission and as it is stated in the article, they have the right to deny. I hope this does not happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment