Saturday, July 7, 2012

Neoteny- can't live at home

As a 22 year old male, living at home sucks. I finished college and i'm currently at a low paying, but highly appreciated (on my behalf) job. But i do not have the means to get my own place yet. When I do, i am out of here. that's my primary goal. Living at home is a constant gamble and i can't stand it.

First major problem I have is the constant hypocrisy that I've dealt with. I don't know why I am always the one that needs to do all of the chores. Sometimes I get back at 11 at night and for some reason, it's still my responsibility to take out the garbage or clean the steps or some other arduous task that could've been done before I got home in minutes. I just don't see why its ok. And if I don't do it, I hear "is it fair that i have to work AND do chores?"....no, but it's not like i'm home the whole time either. It's just frustrating.

Also, i'm a person that likes his privacy. When I lived on campus, I lived in a single suite so that I was around people when I wanted to be and when I was done with them, I could go and relax in my room. Plus I can have company at home but things are different and I have to worry a lot more about rules of the home. I would just like to live on my own and not have to obey another person's rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment