Thursday, June 28, 2012

the reason why i still live at home

Minjoo Jung blog #12
There were many times, I wanted to move out and live on my own because of the nagging and stress my parents gave me. I wanted to live on my own, carefree without having to worry about what time I wake up, where I go and what time I come home. My parents are very lenient when it comes to my sister and me. They don't mind that we come home late at times as long as we sleep at home or if we give them a heads up if we're planning to stay over a friends house. But the nagging that they give me is unbearable sometimes. I feel like they try to find every reason they can to give me a lecture about something whether it is life, or my future. I know its from their best interest because they care for me deeply but still, if I hear the same thing over and over it gets tedious. I am a grown woman and I know what I am going to do with my life and what I want to do. But the reason why I still live at home is because of course I cannot afford to pay for rent every month. I dont own a car at this moment because my parents are fine with me driving their car. But if I live on my own then I have to pay rent, most likely lease or finance my own car, buy all the groceries, cook every day, pay for electricity/water and more. Money will be leaving my side left and right and I am not in a stable condition to handle all that. I am not in the position to support myself. So, I thought, hey my parents are allowing me to live in their house right now but sooner or later, they will cut me off and tell me to get out, so why not take advantage of the fact that i am still their baby girl and live in their house. I have friends who moved out because they wanted to be independent, but they are regretting their decision so much. All i hear from them is complaining that they have no money to save or spend. I tell them to come out and grab a drink on the weekends but they turn me down because they can't afford to pay for drinks anymore. All of their money goes to their house and utilities so they have nothing to spare and spend on leisure and fun. They all have jobs but we just graduated so it obviously isn't the highest paying job. When I observe their life, my life right now is so much happier because i dont have to worry about bills and rent. This is the reason why I still live at home. Id rather take their nagging then have money problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment