Monday, June 25, 2012

North Korea tests the patience of its closest ally

Minjoo Jung blog # 8
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/world/asia/north-korea-tests-the-patience-of-its-ally-china.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

I thought this article was interesting because as all of you guys know, my grandpa was from north Korea so news like this interests me. I dont understand why Kim Jong-un will try to test the patience of China when he knows that China is their closest ally. I think that he is being straight up stupid because if he loses china has an ally then he would be in a slump. If China say's dont test out the nuclear weapons then just dont do it. China provided north Korea with lots of aid and he probably knows that fact as well. “The North is on track to build a warhead that could in a few years hit any regional target and eventually the United States,” said Evans J. R. Revere. This part of the article sort of scared me because that if North Korea can build weapons so strong that it can reach halfway around the world to the United States, countries who are not ally's with North Korea is all in danger. I just want peace in this world even though that is hard due to all the conflicts countries have with each other. Especially with the country where my grandfather was born because I am curious to know if any of my relatives are still alive in North Korea. Who knows? I might have a great grandparent still alive or aunts and uncles. My mom said that is impossible to find out because we cannot have any sort of communication with the people living there but that fact brings more curiosity out of me. It would be pretty amazing to one day meet someone who is supposedly related to me that i have never heard or seen before in my life. I hope one day, there will be peace within the two Koreas and people can find their parents, relatives, loved ones and more and reunite with them after many long years.

No comments:

Post a Comment